January 12 2017 – Bev Lightell
- 2 C Fat-Free Plain Yogurt, divided
- 4 Large Basil Leaves
- ¼ C Parsley, stems removed
- 2 T Chives, chopped
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 1 T Honey
- 1/8 t Pepper, freshly ground (add up to ¼ teaspoon additional Pepper if desired)
- 2 T Fat-Free Mayonnaise
- ½ t Salt (optional)
Place 1 cup of yogurt, basil, parsley, chives, lemon juice, honey and pepper in a blender or food processor. Cover and pulse until smooth (dressing will be green in color). Pour yogurt mixture in a medium bowl; stir in remaining yogurt and mayonnaise until just blended; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Dressing may be prepared up to 2 days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 8 C Romaine Lettuce, chopped (1 small head)
- ½ C Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ C Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 C Cucumber, diced
- 2 Slices Turkey Breast, cooked and cut into strips
- 2 T Bacon Bits
- 1 Egg, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 ½ C Colby or Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
Place lettuce at the bottom of a bowl and sprinkle the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, turkey, bacon bits, egg and Colby cheese on top. Just before serving, pour dressing over slald and toss lightly.